RBUA main site
RBUA.ORG Forum Index

RBUA.ORG
Residential Broadband Users' Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cogeco Bundle - 2.5 months and counting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
makuribu
Newcomer

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject: Cogeco Bundle - 2.5 months and counting Reply with quote

This area of the FORUM is pretty moribund. Thought I'd add a comment.

I switched from Bell phone and Sympatico HSE to Cogeco everything in mid March.

Cogeco offered a bundle which is $128 a month including taxes.
I get:
    - digital cable with one bonus pack (157 channels and still nothing on...)
    - "standard" high speed internet (now 7 Mbps max.)
    - VOIP phone with flat rate for all of North America.

(The package goes up by $20 a month after a year).

Upside
    - no long distance charges. Even with a Bell plan I had some monthly phone bills that were more than the new Cogeco bundle bill, not including $55 Sympatico HSE or cable.

- I kept my local phone number. It took the installers less than 15 minutes to switch the phone from Bell to Cogeco.

- voice mail, caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting all part of the package. I wouldn't use them if I had to pay for them, but they're nice to have.

Downside:

- You can't call outside the +1 country code (Canada and the US). Not directly, anyway. You can go through one of the services that sell cheap overseas calls, by dialling in to their number and then overseas. I last called Europe from home 4 years ago so it isn't a deal with me.

- Cogeco has a download limit. I don't download lots of music or movies, and apparently it's a "soft" limit that is enforced for large, repeat excesses. Dunno. Haven't encountered it.

So far so good. One mangled voice mail message, a couple of times I've had to dial a number twice to get through. Sound quality is good on the phone. Internet connection is fast and reliable.

I never had a problem with Bell or Sympatico, but the Cogeco numbers added up. I asked Bell to give me Sympatico HSE and a phone with flat rate North America for around $100 a month, and they couldn't.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    RBUA.ORG Forum Index -> Cogeco Internet All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: