RBUA main site
RBUA.ORG Forum Index

RBUA.ORG
Residential Broadband Users' Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Rogers nightmare - opinions please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RBUA.ORG Forum Index -> Rogers Hi-Speed Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toonerama
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: My Rogers nightmare - opinions please Reply with quote

I'll try to keep this sorry story short ...

For over 3 months now, I've had intermittently failing and slow Hi-Speed Internet connection. It fails many times every day, anywhere from a minute to over half an hour.

I've been constantly calling Rogers support. I've had 7 technicians out. Eventually about a month ago, they figured it is a problem with my apartment building or in the local area. I'm in Toronto, near Eglinton/Allen Expressway.

I've spoken to managers several times, but this week one of them gave me what he called "the honest truth" about the situation. He said that such maintenance needs are plagued with city permit requirements and work crew scheduling, and can take UP TO ONE YEAR to resolve.

Obviously that's not acceptable, and I don't feel like escalating it will help, so I'm thinking of switching to Bell.

- Any similar experiences?
- Suggestions?

Thank you for any help.
mtayeb
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: My Rogers nightmare - opinions please Reply with quote

toonerama wrote:
I've spoken to managers several times, but this week one of them gave me what he called "the honest truth" about the situation. He said that such maintenance needs are plagued with city permit requirements and work crew scheduling, and can take UP TO ONE YEAR to resolve.

Unfortunately, what he says is true. The delays usually ARE caused by city permit problems (although Rogers often takes their sweet time identifying problems to begin with!).

You really don't have much choice but to wait it out. Are they willing to keep giving you 100% credit for the bad service (i.e. is it bad all the time?). If so, you could have Bell installed temporarily and keep Rogers as well. Then you could check Rogers out every so often and them switch back once the problem is solved.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:44 am    Post subject: suggestion Reply with quote

mtayeb's right... normally, when they acknowledge a problem, and cant fix it, they'll give you a credit (how much depends on how often you complain... and the more proof you have on your side of the situation, the more likely they are to provide credit).

Call 'em back... demand to know the Work Order number (usually WRnnnnnnn) Demand to know when it's going to be done by. And when they tell you some gawd awful date, demand a 100% credit on your bill for services until it gets corrected.
toonerama
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies; you've confirmed my own thinking. WHat a royal pain in the &(@!$
toonerama
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick update -

I now have Bell Sympatico Ultra High Speed service as well as Rogers. In this first couple of weeks, my choice seems clear - the Bell service is very impressive. I'm getting significantly higher speeds up & down than I ever did with Rogers. Average 4100 kbps down, 665 kbps up.
se7en
Cool Newbie
Cool Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No caps with Bell? How much are paying for that new ultra high speed plan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RBUA.ORG Forum Index -> Rogers Hi-Speed Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: