RBUA main site
RBUA.ORG Forum Index

RBUA.ORG
Residential Broadband Users' Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rogers 5 meg vs Bell 5 mg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RBUA.ORG Forum Index -> Sympatico and other xDSL Provider Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody_1
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject: Rogers 5 meg vs Bell 5 mg Reply with quote

I see now Bell is offering 5 mg for 45$ on a 2 year deal so what's better

BELL VS ROGERS
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Rogers 5 meg vs Bell 5 mg Reply with quote

Woody_1 wrote:
I see now Bell is offering 5 mg for 45$ on a 2 year deal so what's better

BELL VS ROGERS

Rogers "Extreme" package is 6Mbps down/800kbps up but with a 100GB/month (102MB/month) cap... $46.95/mo last I looked. (I for one am seeing 5.6-5.7Mbps download thruput on "good days"... normal days are usually around 5.3Mbps)

I dont belive Bell caps their high end plans... that might be a deciding factor for you

Bell's price is $50/mo after the 2 years is up... who knows what Rogers will do with their pricing - they grandfathered the "extreme" users who signed up in late 2004, both in price and speed/caps... and that fixing was suppposed to end at the end of 2005 (dont know for sure if it did)

Bell has been known for considerable DNS issues over the years -- Rogers isnt perfect, but seems to fair better in this area.

In the end, its going to be a case of what works best for you...
aldousbt
Newcomer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to consider too whether you have any bundles with Rogers, which brings the price down and there's no contract to sign. A 15% discount can be quite considerable when you are paying almost $200/month for all your services.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RBUA.ORG Forum Index -> Sympatico and other xDSL Provider Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: